Main purpose of the job
Provide customer support by attending routine services (per OEM standards) vehicle repairs, on-road repairs and preventative maintenance in the workshop.
Requirements (qualifications, experience & skills)
- Grade 12/Matric/National Senior certificate
- Completed Mechanic or Electrical qualification, related to Mechanical & Electrical repairs and diagnostic equipment
- Advantage - Certified DAF Master technician
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a workshop environment
- Experience with Truck repairs is essential
- Roadside repair and vehicle diagnosis, Experience in Major component, Mechanical & electrical repairs and diagnostic equipment
- Ideal: Previous experience of DAF vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Diagnose vehicle mechanical faults and repair requirements accurately
- Diagnose vehicle electrical faults and repair requirements
- Repair & maintain vehicle/s as assigned
- Conclude job card/s accurately for all workshop activities
- Complete root cause analysis of major component failures
- Attend to breakdowns, including stand-by service (day and night)
- Maintain levels of productivity and efficiency as instructed
- Perform shift work when required
- Manage all Repair Shop Assistants in the workshop and ensure: all tools and equipment is in a safe area before and after usage, and in working order
- Damaged tools reported in the workshop, by Service Technicians, are attended to with priority
- Manage all Repair Shop Assistants in the workshop and ensure the work area is safe prior to starting work
This is an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.