Main Purpose of Job
Process and manage the full creditors function, ensure payment of supplier accounts within the payment terms.
- Process supplier invoices daily, to the correct accounts and with correct descriptions or references where applicable
- Prepare monthly and weekly supplier reconciliations for all suppliers with a balance due
- Ensure that all reconciling items are cleared within 60 days
- Send remittance after payment to suppliers
- Comply with any company or supplier specific requirements
- Compile a monthly report of all queries from suppliers
- Ensure all interaction with suppliers are acted out and work in line with the company’s vision, mission and values
- Payment of supplier Invoices, per a payment reconciliation and accurate allocations on the accounting system to the correct account
- Liaise with departments/sectors/suppliers, where necessary regarding reconciling items such as, but not limited to (i.e. supplier statements, supplier invoices, supplier discounts, credit notes)
- Ensure that supplier invoices adhere to company and SARS requirements
- Ensure that supplier invoices have been properly authorised
- Ensure written backup information electronically is stored on the Finance drive or in hard copy for all items older than 60 days
- Supplier audit files are initiated, updated and maintained
- Ensure accurate vendor approvals processed – head office Is required to authorise vendor application before loading on the accounting system
- Submit an accurate weekly 3 week cash flow forecast
- Ensure that an accurate and complete accruals have been raised for all invoices not accounted for at month end
- Adhere to all safety standards and do everything to get all people “Safe Home Everyday”
- Have the ability to handle themselves in accordance with business norms, the company’s code of conduct and consistently behave in a manner which would be regarded as professionally and socially acceptable
- Maintain effective working relationships and communications with company’s external partners
- Assist with answering the switchboard when necessary
- Undertake additional finance and administration duties, outside the responsibilities, if required line manager
- Initiate continued improvement and development of the creditors controller function.
- Take complete ownership of supplier database and ensure all relevant information is obtained and maintained correctly (updating supplier information and BB-BEE certificate monthly)
Grade 12 (Matric)
Advantage: Bachelors Degree (3 years) in Financial Accounting, or Business Management related field of study
Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role as Creditors Clerk, or in a Financial Accounting environment with exposure to supplier payments and supplier invoices
This is an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.