Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent in this position will formulate and execute the organisations’s financial strategy, policies and guidelines that support the commercial success, compliance to PFMA and related finance principles as well as managing the introduction of financial best practice’s governance, accounting, and treasury standards in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act that will ensure the organisation’s long-term financial viability and sustainability. This role calls for a candidate who possesses the relevant strategic leadership competencies and experience, supported by the ability to work under pressure, and has a performance-driven mindset and demonstrates exceptional inter-personal skills.
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant
- 7-10 years’ experience within financial strategic leadership gained either in the public or private sector
- Knowledge of and proven experience of applicable skills development legislation, Governance Frameworks, financial regulations, and the governance management frameworks
- Proven track record of performing within a diverse and dynamic internal and external work environment
- Knowledge of the chemical and related sectors
- Track record in functioning within an executive team and ensuring performance and integrated service delivery on a national and regional level.
- Proven experience in planning, assessment, evaluation, accreditation, monitoring and reporting
- Proven and sound financial and risk management skills
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Results driven
- Exceptional problem-solving ability and the ability to network and build relationships
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Ability to lead and motivate the finance and supply chain management teams and promote and sustain teamwork for obtaining deliverables
Key Performance Areas
- Responsible for the formulation of the organisations’s financial strategy and guide the governing board
- Oversee budget development and PFMA’s compliance
- Oversee supply chain and related transactions compliance, reporting and financial statements for auditing
- Guide management on management accounting, grants disbursements and statutory reporting
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies, systems and governance processes
- Ensures and oversee compliance and risk management
- People management and provide leadership to the finance and supply chain management teams
This is an AA/EE appointment and only South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered for the vacancy.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.