One of our clients, a leader in the power generation industry, is looking for a dynamic individual to take up the role of Sales Engineer and become a part of their team!
The incumbent will work closely with the Sales Manager to identify and develop prospective project opportunities within the thermal power business in the Sub-Saharan African Region. The ideal candidate must have extensive sales experience in the industrial power business including servicing of boilers, gas and steam turbines plant. This role involves frequent travelling to customers in different locations.
Minimum requirements or other relevant qualifications/experience:
• A degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• 10 years’ sales experience in the power business
• Extensive technical knowledge of power plant including boiler performance, mills, burners and emission control equipment is a prerequisite
• Good knowledge of the company’s products is mandatory
• International exposure and experience within sub-Saharan countries is desirable
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to understand technical needs of the customers
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills (fluent English is essential)
• Excellent technical presentation skills
• Good computer literacy
Key Performance Areas:
• Identify service project opportunities, develop applications around the product platforms, prepare proposals, and follow up to close the sales
• Analyse technical needs of customer needs, and use the outcome to contribute to the development of technical proposals
• Lead technical discussions involving project development, bid clarifications, positioning of product features and other relevant sales engineering functions
• Develop solid networks within the power generation community, installed base clients and other key stakeholders such as government representatives
• Present the company’s products to customers and relevant stakeholders
• Ability to work together with the Business Development teams
• Technical link between the Group and the South African operation
• Compile and analyse market information on technical demand and existing competition
This is an AA/EE appointment and preference will be given to South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.