Our client requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Maintenance Foreman.
• Millwright Trade Certificate (minimum qualification of N5)
• 7 to 10 years of working experience in managing a maintenance department within a multi-faceted manufacturing plant
• SAP PM Modules/FIXX or similar preventative maintenance programme
• High sense of urgency to meet requirements
• Must be compliance orientated with a high sense for detail
• Must be able to motivate team members
• Good inter-personal abilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Resolve day to day operational problems and remove barriers to production efficiency
• Develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• Manage own time, priorities and resources to achieve goals
• Use knowledge of the organisation, products and the business climate to solve problems, understand how the roles, products and services of own work unit relate to and impact those of other work units
• Understand reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures
• Accomplish maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees
• Communicate job expectations: planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and adhering to policies and procedures
• Drive Mission Directed Work team principles in the Maintenance team
• Meet maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews: implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems
• Meet maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions
This an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you do not receive a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.