One of our clients is looking for a dynamic individual to take up the role of Construction Manager and become a part of their team!
Manage and co-ordinate all site activities necessary to achieve the programme dates within the set budget and to the specified standards, while adhering to prescribed safety regulations.
Required Minimum Education/Training:
• Matriculation/Grade 12 or equivalent technical qualification
• Qualified Tradesman, i.e. Welding, Boilermaker, Pipe Fitter or Mechanical Fitter
• Registerable for SACPCMP
Required Minimum Work Experience:
• 10 years relevant construction experience in the power/petro–chemical industry, including 3 years supervisory experience; 10 years plus 5 years supervisory experience with no Matric/Grade 12
• Knowledge of boiler/pressure part regulations and legal compliance (advantageous)
• Cost Management (financial control and accounting principles advantageous)
• Basic principles of Contact Law (advantageous)
• Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations 85 of 1993
• Familiar with welding and fabrication techniques
• Understanding of rigging methodologies
• Familiar with material properties
• Knowledge of procurement and expediting principles (advantageous)
This is an AA/EE appointment and ONLY applications from South African Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) candidates will be considered.
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of submitting your resume, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.